- Search Terms: Basic Search ("Eating disorders") LIMITS: With Full Text ( X)
Content Levels Key
- Research in Context: Is designed for elementary age students and offers three content levels.
Gale Student Resources in Context. 2017. Word Count: 971.Topic overviewBody image refers to the feelings people have about the way their bodies look. These feelings extend to how people believe others see them. Body image is commonly focused on the basic exterior physical appearance of...
UXL Encyclopedia of Science. 3rd ed. 2015. Word Count: 947.Topic overviewEating disorders are medical conditions that involve abnormal eating habits, such voluntary starvation, overeating, or purging after eating. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and...
World of Scientific Discovery. 2007. Word Count: 538.Disease/Disorder overviewEating disorders, some of the most difficult mental illnesses to diagnose and cure, are divided into three categories: anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating. The psychological driving force behind anorexia...
- Minorities and Eating Disorder... Minorities and Eating Disorders. Tribune Content Agency Photos.SaveSaved
- 00:00:01Eating Disorders in Children Eating Disorders in Children NYTimes.com Video Collection, July 24, 2014.SaveSaved
- 00:00:02Israel Moves to Ban Ads with... Israel Moves to Ban Ads with Underweight Models AP Video News, Mar. 20, 2012.SaveSaved
- 00:00:02Adolescent Health and Educatio... Adolescent Health and Education NYTimes.com Video Collection, June 21, 2015.SaveSaved
- Men with Eating Disorders... Men with Eating Disorders Often Overlooked Talk of the Nation, 2007.SaveSaved
- Italy Works to Ban Overly Slim... Italy Works to Ban Overly Slim Models Morning Edition, 2006.SaveSaved
ArticleStudies Conducted by T. Bravender et al on Obesity Recently Reported (Physician Weight-Related Counseling Is Unrelated to Extreme Weight Loss Behaviors Among Overweight and Obese Adolescents)Obesity, Fitness & Wellness Week. (Nov. 18, 2017) Word Count: 447. Reading Level (Lexile): 1490.2017 NOV 18 (NewsRx) -- By a News Reporter-Staff News Editor at Obesity, Fitness & Wellness Week -- Researchers detail new data in Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases and Conditions - Obesity. According to news reporting...
ArticleResearchers at Uppsala University Describe Findings in Life Science (Reduced Vglut2/Slc17a6 Gene Expression Levels throughout the Mouse Subthalamic Nucleus Cause Cell Loss and Structural Disorganization Followed by Increased Motor Activity and ...)Obesity, Fitness & Wellness Week. (Nov. 18, 2017) Word Count: 478. Reading Level (Lexile): 1540.2017 NOV 18 (NewsRx) -- By a News Reporter-Staff News Editor at Obesity, Fitness & Wellness Week -- A new study on Life Science is now available. According to news reporting from Uppsala, Sweden, by NewsRx journalists,...
ReportReports on Pharmacology and Physiology Findings from University Hospital Provide New Insights (Deep Brain Stimulation Alters Light Phase Food Intake Microstructure In Rats)Obesity, Fitness & Wellness Week. (Sept. 23, 2017) Word Count: 429. Reading Level (Lexile): 1270.2017 SEP 23 (NewsRx) -- By a News Reporter-Staff News Editor at Obesity, Fitness & Wellness Week -- New research on Drugs and Therapies - Pharmacology and Physiology is the subject of a report. According to news...
US Newswire. (Mar. 18, 2008) Word Count: 377. Reading Level (Lexile): 1650.ArticlePEKIN, Ill., March 18 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Leading experts and distinguished faculty in Eating Disorders treatment will present cutting edge intervention, protocols and research to over 400 multi-disciplinary...
USA Today. (June 23, 2004) Word Count: 515.ArticleByline: Karen Thomas Stars' struggles with weight is constant fodder for the tabloids. A few actresses -- Tracey Gold, Jamie-Lynn DiScala and Christina Ricci -- have been candid about their past eating disorders. Others...
US Newswire. (Sept. 26, 2007) Word Count: 356. Reading Level (Lexile): 1480.ArticleNational Eating Disorders Association Conference Oct. 4-6 in San Diego Offers Families Information, Access to Experts and Advice on how to Navigate Health Care System COSMOGirl! Editor Chandra Czape Turner, COSMOGirl...